Monday, August 28, 2006

Introduction

Name: Talia Dicker

Major: cello performance

Instruments played (including voice): cello, electric bass, piano, voice

Any composing experience? only for required theory courses

Any improvising experience? jazz improv experience on electric bass, and some with cello

Any previous experience with computer music, or electronic performance? No hands-on experience. Only listening/learning.

What do you hope to gain from this class? I am hoping to gain hands-on experience with computer and electronic music. In general, I would like to see how Max-MSP could be useful to me as a performer. I am also looking forward to the collaborating/performing experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Tea said...

Name: Brian Gulik
Major: Advertising
Instruments Played: Piano/Keyboard, Voice
Composing Experience: I've been composing music for two rock bands and for
personal projects for five years now.
Improvising Experience: I occasionally improvise with my band, Operetta

Previous Experience: I often listen to computer music, and I took one class two
years ago at Allen Hall called "Intro to Electronic Music" in which we worked with
sampling and midi on Pro-Tools.

I hope to acquire a thorough understanding of the computer programs used so I
can compose music in this style on my own after the class is over.

6:17 PM, August 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home