Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Introduction

Hiya folks, this is my first blog post, so let's hope I got this right...

Name:
Packy Lundholm

Major: Music Theory in LAS (Which I have affectionately dubbed "Drinking Beer And Building Guitars" or, more recently, "Not Getting A Job")

Instruments played (including voice): Drums, guitar, bass, other various stringed instruments(hopefully pedal steel soon!), keyboards, about six notes on flute, and I can sing unbelievably well some days and just awful other days

Any composing experience? Been writing rock/pop music for about 5 years, and by golly I don't plan on quittin'

Any improvising experience? Drums in jazz band, other instruments in various improv-based rock bands, and the requisite countless hours of infinite delay pedal freakouts one should come to expect pouring from a 16-year-old Deadhead's bedroom

Any previous experience with computer music, or electronic performance?
These days I record a ton of music in Cubase, including some MIDI, and took 2 semesters of Wyatt's class with tape, MIDI, basic sound design, and Pro Tools


What do you hope to gain from this class? Like Keith, I'm very excited to play with weird sounds. Very excited. I also look forward to collaborating and expanding my sonic and technological palatte with this program, which seems to have incredible creative potential. More composition experience is always a great thing, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith Manlove said...

I've had many delay pedal (and cranked Marshall feedback) freakouts in my day.

10:22 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Packy Lundholm said...

I don't think we'd be where we are today without them...

3:04 PM, August 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home