Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Initial Settings

I'm sure this is one of the most basic fundamentals of this program, but I have a knack for not picking up on simple stuff until I'm already into the harder stuff...How does one go about making initial settings for patches? For example, the faders I'm using for the input gain to the delay line default to 0 when I open the program and I have to toggle the hold button on and off to get it up to where it should be. I assume there's some kind of object that can feed into those faders upon starting the patch. Any advice? Thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Keith Manlove said...

You're thinking of loadbang or loadmess.

Loadbang sends out a bang when the patch is loaded. You can connect bang to a message box with a "1", and then connect that to the toggle. It will bang the box, and send that message to the object.

Loadmess is the same, but it sends out messages when loaded. It can send one message or many. You could connect one to each object, or you could have a loadmess with lots of messages ("loadmess 1 5 200 donkey honk 25 83"), but you need to use "unpack" to, well, unpack the messages before you send them to each object.

So there.

11:23 PM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Packy Lundholm said...

ahhhhh yes, I thought I saw that on a T shirt once...thanks!

11:50 PM, September 19, 2006  
Blogger Steve Taylor said...

You can also use pattr, "patch attributes," to initialize settings - this is a relatively new thing which I haven't used in any of my own patches yet, but I know Keith uses it and it seems very powerful.

12:02 AM, September 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home