Friday, September 01, 2006

Introduction mccrory

Name: Martin McCrory

Major: Music Composition and Computer Science (minor). Planning on studying Music Information Science in graduate school.

Instruments played (including voice): Percussion, piano, oboe.

Any composing experience? Probably been composing seriously since the middle of high school, and I dibble-dabbled in composing maybe as early as

Any improvising experience? Some jazz-band experience playing piano, and a very minimal amount of classical improv.

Any previous experience with computer music, or electronic performance?
Used Cubase for some electronic pieces (and some old AWESOME techno music I wrote a while ago), taking Wyatt's EA techniques class as well as Garnett's Computing Arts class.


What do you hope to gain from this class? I guess I hadn't put my finger on it before, but I had always wanted some kind of object-oriented environment GUI for dealing with sound. Max seems like she will fit this bill quite nicely, and I'm looking forward to learning how to apply my studies with Max to my compositions, as well as towards my graduate work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home