Sunday, September 24, 2006

So, I decided to post a follow-up on the "party". Here's what I ended up blogging on my own personal blog:

So I did something totally out of character and threw a party at my place last night. I'm not really a party person. They tend to be loud, and I hate the pressure of keeping a conversation going. But, I threw one anyway. I was hoping to get to know some composers and maybe find partners for the next few Max projects.

Well, I'm glad that at least some people showed up. Talia came. She and I are going to work on a student composition for the November Student Composers Concert... which btw I should probably e-mail Pin Hsin about. Brb. Okay, sent the e-mail to Pin Hsin letting her know that Talia's on board. Then Dr. Taylor and Colin came. They were fun. Dr. Taylor sat in his chair and kept rocking back and forth like a little kid. It was funny to watch. Colin was kind of a god-send. He has a lot to say and really kept the conversation going. I'm really glad that he came, cuz for a while I was grasping for things to ask Talia about. But I was a little disappointed that no one else showed up. Talia and Colin are already working on a covers project, that Colin so generously invited me to join, but I think I should pass on (a lot of the covers are over my head). And, well, it's not like I can work on a project with Dr. Taylor. So, all in all, I didn't really accomplish what I set out to do. But I got a lot of beer out of the whole thing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Taylor said...

Hey Josephine - what's your blog's website? Thanks for having the party! Maybe next time you can give everyone some more lead time...

9:42 PM, September 24, 2006  
Blogger Josephine Chang said...

I'd rather not say. I can get really personal on my blog, about things at school, that I may not want people at school to know about :oP

8:18 AM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home